These rules are intended to insure that everyone gets a chance to participate.
Note: These rules may change without notice. Check this page for changes.
If you break a rule, I will usually just give you a friendly reminder.
I handle problems on an individual basis, if you're causing trouble on purpose we might decide to take away your ability to comment, moderate, or post. That might be temporary or permanent. It's usually your choice. If you're being totally ridiculous, I might even ask you to leave.
- USE COMMON SENSE. This website is provided free of charge. You did *not* purhase the Internet when you signed up for AOL. Have respect, don't break the law, don't do anything that could get the website shutdown. Don't create social chaos here. If I ask you to cut out some shit you're doing, do as I ask.
- You mustn't post anything that violates laws of the United States of America or the state of Kansas.
- Sensible Erection is not a *forum* or a *board*. The main page is not a place to post questions and forum topics. SE is a WEB LOG. It's a place to share things we find amusing when we're surfing the web.
- Advertising is *awesome*. Without advertising, your internet access would cost $1000 a month instead of $50.
- Don't post any commercial spam, don't post your own website, don't post your friend's site, don't post any online auctions, don't post product pages. This undermines my ability to earn a little change from advertising, which is how I keep the site free for everyone!
- No self promotion of your personal website anywhere except your profile (if you wish to, you may put your website url in your profile.) Do not post comments telling people to visit the URL in your profile. Don't send private messages to other users to promote your website.
- No commenting under the name of another member of the site. The ability to change your nick for commenting purposes is there for those who know how to use it humorously, for commenting as George Bush, Bill Clinton, Ghengis Khan, Captain Obvious, etc. But not as another user.
- No personal attacks against other users. Make your point without making things personal or insulting a member of the community. Please try to avoid lumping negative adjectives onto people :-)
Some examples of what not to say:
You can make your point without accusing people of idiocy, stupidity, ignorance, or childishness.
- That comment was stupid!
- YES, you idiot, I DO think that the war in Wonkyland is a good thing.
- That opinion of yours is way off base and the premise behind it is ignorant and childish, here's why I think it's ignorant...here's why it resembles the logic of a child...
- Do not make any posts about me or Sensible Erection itself. If you need help with something or you feel like complaining, send me a private message or an email. The web log is for sharing and discussing weird/interesting/funny shit from other websites. If there is ever enough demand for a place to discuss Sensible Erection itself then I might consider adding an actual forum for that purpose.
- Don't trash talk any admins, don't criticise the site, don't try to convince people to leave. You can do that on your own webspace.
- Don't accuse people of having multiple accounts. It's just lame. If you really think this is the case, contact me and let me deal with it.
- Don't accuse me of having an ulterior agenda. My only agenda is to maintain the best website experience that I possibly can!
I want you to enjoy the site. You're welcome to express your opinions within the website's format, as long as you respect other users, and you respect the site.
Note: If I ask you to leave and you continue to use my website or register new accounts, you may be breaking the law. If you're American, you certainly are.
Note: Illegal activity will be reported.